Wednesday 28 November 2012

Creating and Maintaining a Digital Footprint

As part of my goal to develop my digital footprint, I am beginning the process of blogging. To that end, I am experimenting with several different blog platforms. In the process I am establishing my “brand” to ensure that it is there when I need it. (And I don't have to pay big bucks to someone else to try and get it back in the future).

This was an issue that happened to my school, when I went to establish a digital footprint for the school on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and YouTube. I got “schoolname.site” for all of them except Facebook. Someone had beaten me to it. When it comes to Search and Hits, the Brand Name matters! My schools FaceBook page (for some time) came up second in the search behind some former students page about the school! So even if I don’t use a particular site that much, I've claimed the name at least for future use, since I’ve realized the importance of establishing and protecting the “brand”.

So this is it… here we go. My first Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment